I applaud the creative teachers and workshop facilitators for figuring out how to create breakout sessions in Microsoft Teams. I like the pattern they follow, creating a Microsoft Team for the event, then channels for different breakout groups to encourage small group collaboration and discussion.
But there are a few options I thought could have been explained better.
- How do I create the meetings?
- Should I use Meet Now? Schedule a meeting in Outlook and copy the link to a new thread? Schedule a channel meeting?
- When do I use public channels vs private channels?
- Do I even need a channel, or can I just use scheduled meetings into the same channel, therefore individual conversation threads?
- Do I really need to remain connected to all the meetings (i.e. Meetings are ‘calls on hold’)
- How do I get people’s attention in their breakouts, to return to the main meeting for the next presentation / segment? This and more.
Forgive the lighting and the raw recording method. Oh… and the length of the recording. I had a lot to say, demonstrate and discuss.